Thursday, July 8, 2010

Green Eggs and Doughnuts

I just had a conversation with my husband that went something like this:


Him:
"I can get you a doughnut while I'm out!"


Me:
"I do not wish for a doughnut, Mew."


"I phrased that wrong...would you like a chocolate doughnut, a cream-filled doughnut, or a chocolate-cream-filled doughnut?"


"I do not wish for a doughnut!"


"But we live right by a Mr. Donut and we've never been in it!"


"I do not want a doughnut, Mew
.
I do not want one in a house,
I do not want one with a mouse,
I do not want a chocolate cream,
I do not want a sugar theme!"

"You do not want one here or there,

you do not want one anywhere?
(nod)
...Then I'll just get you an eclair!"


Best. Husband. Ever.


And while I really didn't have a desire for a doughnut, I wasn't about to turn it down when he brought these home.

No comments:

Post a Comment