Sunday, July 15, 2012

Dinner and a Tanuki


Husband took me to Eat More Greens in Azabu Juban, a vegan/vegetarian restaurant. This is awesome for two reasons: one, because Husband is almost a carnivore and vegetables aren't really his thing, and two, it is extremely difficult to be vegetarian in Tokyo and nigh impossible to be vegan. This is why I expanded my diet to include fish when we moved here.

They don't have a huge menu, but the taco rice is very well seasoned, nice and spicy!

The rice is hiding underneath.

The pumpkin pie is really good, too. Mostly straight mashed pumpkin, and I'm a big fan.

We strolled around looking for a place to have a drink before catching a movie (Snow White and the Huntsman. Pretty good in spite of the plot holes.) and ended up walking from Roppongi to Shibuya.

Along the way, we saw one of the more interesting tanuki statues.

It's not uncommon to see a tanuki statue in front of a restaurant or small business, but they're not usually this big. Or, shall we say, anatomically exaggerated. Well, they always have big berries, but they don't usually have an articulated twig to go with it.
My, what big...teeth you have.

A-hurr hurr...we so sexy.

And Husband baked me a cake, because it was my birthday. Spice cake with cream cheese frosting, everything from scratch. I am a lucky woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment