Sunday, December 8, 2013

Cat Cafe!

We finally went to a cat cafe. I don't know if this is uniquely Japanese, but I haven't seen them anywhere else we've been.

Shoes are put in plastic bags upon entry, and hands are washed before and after petting the cats.


If I hadn't had cats all my life, this would be great. It's a safe, quiet, relaxing place. It's literally warm and fuzzy.


The drinks are free, and all you need to do is push a button and the machine dispenses both the drink and the cup to hold it.

Blue buttons for cold drinks, red for hot.

The main table has photos of the cats under the glass, and the scrapbook has an adorable little bio for each one.


I'm glad we went, but I'm not sure I'd go again. If I had no contact with cats on a regular basis, I think I'd be more excited about it. I'm a fan of cats, sure, but these cats could not possibly care less about getting human affection. No headbutts, no kitty kisses, no purring. They've got it pretty easy, but they probably find people incredibly boring. Maybe it was the time of day, but there was a lot of sleeping.


Anko went and settled down in the middle of the room. She got decorated.

Purin settled in under the carpet, presumably for privacy.

Art in progress.

Okay, not ALL the cats were sleeping. 
The cat under the desk (Sugar) is one of the biggest cats I've ever seen. 22lbs, I think.
The one on top of the desk (Kinako) is as soft as a chinchilla – so soft you almost can't feel her fur.

I feel like this sums up the experience. Adorable, but not the most exciting thing we've ever done.

No comments:

Post a Comment